National Manufacturing Month Kick-Off at PGM
Manufacturing Day is an annual celebration of modern manufacturing practices that help to build our local, national, and global economies. Each year, more than 1600 manufacturers open their doors to students and host STEM programs that encourage careers in manufacturing and engineering.
On Friday October 2, 2020, PGM hosted a Kick-off for “Manufacturing Month” with an in-person press conference that showcased industry partners and representatives from the Rochester Technology & Manufacturing Association, Monroe Community College, Finger Lakes Youth Apprenticeship Program, Monroe County, and the manufacturing sector.
- Dr. Mike Hockenberger: President & CEO, PGM Corp
- Bill Pollock: CEO & Founder, Optimation; Board President, RTMA
- County Executive Adam Bello, County of Monroe, NY
- Dr. Katherine Douglas, Interim President, Monroe Community College
- Joe Rizzo, Manager of Economic Development, RG&E; sponsor of Finger Lakes Youth Apprenticeship Program
- Bob Coyne, Director of Workforce Development, RTMA
- Dale Pearce, Program Director, Monroe Community College’s Economic and Workforce Development and Career Technical Education VP Office